Saturday, July 23, 2011
Jeremy and I are running the half Marathon for Adoption in October. We are trying to get a bunch of friends to do it with us. Our training doesn't actually start until the end of August, but we both want to stay up on our running so we don't have to start over. Last Saturday and this Saturday we ran 5 miles, but during the week we run anywhere from 2.5 miles to 4 miles depending on the day.
Anyway, here are a few things I have learned on my long....er runs:
1. I have to get up at 5:00 a.m. to be ready to run at 5:45. I am not a morning person and it takes a while for me to wake up.
2. I need coffee and at least half a protein bar or half a banana before I go.
3. I need a great fast paced playlist.
4. It is best for me to wear a hat because I sweat like a crazy person. Sweat dripping down my face annoys me to no end. It's either a hat or a Richard Simmons headband.
5. We ran on Hwy 620 for the fist time today. I love and hate it. I hate that I fear for my life, but I love the long stretch of road. I think I need a neon vest.
6. Jeremy runs faster than me, so I don't even try to compete with him. Whatever!!