Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Grace


I was thinking about my husband Jeremy yesterday while he drove a boat across the Lake to teach our four small boys how to wake board. It isn't Father's Day, his birthday, or even our anniversary. I was just thinking about how he loves me more today than he did 14 years ago when we met. I know it is a choice he has made, not a feeling, but a choice and probably not an easy one at that. I was reflecting on all that we have been through, nothing tragic or even close to it, but just the normal married life stuff. The stuff that easily creeps in and pushes spouses farther and farther apart. The stuff that when you ask someone "What happened?" they actually can't put a finger on it.

I am incredibly thankful for God's grace, because we both know that it is only because of His grace that we are able to love each other on a daily basis. It is only by God's grace that we are able to become a united front in parenting our boys. It is only by God's grace that we started Free Chapel and by His grace that we haven't screwed it up.

grace, grace, God's grace,
grace that will pardon and cleanse within;
grace, grace, God's grace,
grace that is greater than all our sin!

    

No comments: