Monday, April 27, 2009

It's Official

No more diapers for the Self crew. We have been buying diapers for a little over 8 years. Poor Gray doesn't turn 2 until May 31st, but I started potty training him about a month ago. I couldn't bare the thought of buying one more pack of diapers. For the past two weeks Gray wears big boy undies 24 hours a day. (I like the cold turkey approach) Yes, we still have an occasional accident, but overall he is doing great!!! I have thought about adding up how much money we have spent on diapers over the last 8 years or how many diapers we have actually used, but I am just not ready for that step. Right now I am happy diapers are not on my shopping list.

3 comments:

Stephen and Kelly said...

I just had to buy a box yesterday and I hate it!!! So expensive! I can't wait until Sam is ready to start potty training. I'm thinking the earlier the better!

Claire said...

I am so jealous. Kate will be two this summer and I have already thought about trying to potty train her, despite the fact that the other two were 3 when they finally got it.

We have been in diapers for five years straight; most of that time with two in diapers.

My pocketbook is lamenting the day when we no longer need to buy diapers...

Nicole Mureiko said...

Hi Ashley! This is Nicole Lawrence. Somehow I lost your address. Do you think you could send it to me via e-mail? We're getting ready to send out invitations for the wedding, and though I know y'all won't be able to make it due to location, I still want you to receive an invitation to know that you guys are thought of and missed! Tell the boys I say hi and miss babysitting them!! God bless you.

Nicole L.
soontobemrsmureiko@gmail.com