Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sock It to Me Baby!!

How do I start this? Laundry, like many of you I am sure, overtakes my life. It never stops. I am constantly trying to catch up to no avail. So, here is the confession I just need to put out into the blogging world. I only fold socks about every two months or so. My friend Jacy (she is super cool and has three boys) and I were just talking about this at our girls small group last week. We have the same sock method. The boys come in " I need socks!" I say "go match a pair in the blue basket." It is awful I know. Jennifer (another fabulous friend and neighbor also in our s.g.) washes and folds every ones clothes separate. I love that and kudos to her because she works full time, has a 12yo, 8yo, and not even 1yo. What is your sock method? Please don't tell me that you pin the socks. I can't handle that kind of perfection!!!The infamous blue basket!!!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

My dad pins his socks - LOL! I admit I got my "Monk-ish-ness" from him, but I don't pin socks in this household!

I just wash them with all the towels and underwear and match them as I go when I fold the laundry. Thankfully the boys and I wear flip-flops most of the time in the spring, summer, and early fall, so I don't have that many socks to deal with!

jacy said...

I'm so glad that we have the same method.....It's refreshing to see your blue basket. Mine looks a lot like yours.....except it's peach and rectangular:)

Mageetribe said...

So I use little mesh garment bags (w/ zippers) for each family member...well Blake and I share, and Grier and Gracen share, b/c their socks are all the same size. So each mesh bag is in their room, and that's where they put them when they take them off. So I just throw the bags in with the wash, and then dry them like normal. When they're all dry, they are already sorted...takes minutes to fold all the socks...it has saved me many headaches...b/c I HATE matching socks.