Wednesday, January 14, 2009

21 Days of Prayer and Fasting

Free Chapel is smack dab in the middle of our 21 days of prayer and fasting. It has been amazing to see what God is doing in our church body during this time and to see what he is going to do because of it. I love that this is something we do every year. Three things that I am always reminded of during a fast is that:
1. I NEED and DEPEND on Jesus for everything!
2. I want God to have my FIRST and my BEST always!
3. I love how a fast brings discipline in more areas than just food. It bleeds into all areas of life, but most importantly into the discipline of sin that so easily binds us. Who doesn't want to be FREE from the things that keep us from being all God wants us to be?
Check out Jeremy and Chris's blog. They blog daily during the fast and it has really encouraged me!
I leave you with a scripture I read on Chris's blog today:
Hebrews 12:1-2
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily hinders our progress. And let us run with endurance the race that God has set before us. 2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from start to finish."

No comments: