Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Heart is Heavy

Our sweet neighbors that we adore lost there 9 year old daughter, Simran, to an accidental drowning on Friday. We live in a great neighborhood. All the kids play and run in the cul-d-sac and down the streets. In January we moved right across the street from the Dhaliwal's. There son Avtar and Tyler were in the same class at school. Everyday, Harpreet and I walked to pick the kids up from the bus stop. This family has been in our home several times. We have always told them how blessed we feel to live across the street from them. Our children go back and forth everyday from one house to the other. They are not only our neighbors, but our friends. We love them dearly.
This is Simran at Tyler's birthday party. We actually just went to her 9th birthday party 12 days ago. She was smart, kind, an amazing artist, and very special. She also has parents, especially a Mom, who love her so very deeply.
Please pray for this family!!

5 comments:

HeatherLow said...

Oh girl. I am so so sorry. God has placed you guys in their lives and what a special connection you have. I will pray that God will be with that family and also with you as you love them during this horrible time.

Naomi said...

Oh my gosh, Ashley. I can't even imagine the heartache. What a horrible thing. We will be praying for them and for you all.

Amy Elizabeth Robinson said...

I am so sorry. We are praying for all of you and especially their sweet family.

Unknown said...

Ashely, I'm so sorry to hear that. I will pray God will use you guys to minister to this family and invade their hearts with comfort and peace only Christ can give.

Johnson said...

I am so sorry to hear this Ashley. I will be praying for the family and for you as you minister to them.

-Kelly