Friday, April 04, 2008

Perseverance


Tyler's class hosted assembly today. I have never been to assembly at Tyler's new school. They have it every Friday morning. Anyway, for those of you who don't live in Texas, they are a little lets say Prideful about their state. Not only their state, but anything they are involved in. It started with the pledge of allegiance (Ok, I get that), then pledge to the Texas flag (I did know about this and I can't really bring myself to do it), then the Bee Cave Elementary pledge (what?), then the Bee Cave Elementary Song (seriously), then a moment of silence (ok), and then little program. It was sweet. All the boys and girls in the class had a line about perseverance with pictures of each child on a slide show and then they sang a Hannah Montana song, which was a great idea on Mrs. Hursh's part, because almost every elementary boy and girl love Hannah Montana. Last, but not least, not that we haven't done enough proud of our state and school stuff, we did the Bee Cave chant/cheer before dismissal to class. I needed perseverance not to roll my eyes during the Pledge of allegiance to the Texas flag.
Blake loved being there. It will be him next year.
Sam hated being in the stroller.
Gray also loved being there.


1 comment:

RhiDesign said...

Hey girl! Lindsey let me know about your sites!! I am so excited about getting to keep up with your sweet family!!
Oh my goodness!! Your boys are soooo sweet! Isn't it so fun! It just goes by too fast!
I hope you all are doing great!!