Saturday, September 25, 2010

Project Mode


Ever since I have had three out of four of my boys in school, I have focused a little more on my house. I go through times when all I do is work on the house and then I get tired and do nothing. Another factor is money honey. If you know Jeremy and I you know we have been "Dave Ramseying" it for over 18 months. Thank goodness for blogs that give me tons of ideas.

The above bench was raw wood and $3.00 at a garage sale.
I painted it with paint I already had.

I made this Fall wreath and it took me way too long to do. (4hrs)
It cost me $6.00

Jeremy and I bought this armoire 11years ago from a friend right after we got married. It was an orange wood color. I just revamped our "front room", supposed to be an office, playroom/t.v. room. Again, painted it with paint I already had. I was totally shocked and in love with how it turned out.

Oak end table+white paint+new knobs

$5.00 Orange garage sale find+white paint

This dresser was black. My mom painted and stained it. Now it is my sofa table.
This piece was a garage sale find for $10.00. It is pretty old and had several
coats of paint on it. I used the same color as the armoire. I am not keeping this piece. I am selling it on Craigslist. I just have to put two more knobs on it. I think it would be super cute as a changing table in a nursery.


I have one more to show you, but it will have to wait, because it isn't ready yet.
Jeremy hates that I put how much things are, but I am inspired by others that do this and it has helped me stay on budget. Please do not take it the wrong way.

4 comments:

jacy said...

Super cute!!! I love them all:)

Miss you, chica....Love and blessings....
xoxo

Jacy

Anonymous said...

Love all those pieces,I am feeling inspired!

Claire said...

Love all of it Ashley. I think it's great that you put prices on there...it inspires others to see what great deals they can get on really nice, cute furnishings.

I love your armoire. Have you ever checked out the Nester? I think it's www.thenester.com

She does awesome things in her house and most of it is from garage sales or Goodwill.

Thanks for the inspiration. =)

Anonymous said...

I love that you put how much they are! I need to go with you some time. Juls needs a bedside table, and I need some end tables for the LR!

Amy F