Saturday, June 05, 2010

Date Night

My sweet boys gave me this card for Mother's Day. Each boy had 20.00 to take me out on a date with them. I went on all my dates last week and I LOVED it. Rarely do I get one on one time with each of my boys. I hope I get this gift every year.
We drew out of a hat for the order of which they would take me out. Gray was the 1st one. He took me to Learning Express and to Yogurt Planet. This is him showing off his cash for our date!! (And yes he got a haircut which made me cry and is a story for another time).
We were at Learning Express for at least 1 hour. He picked out a ball of goo/slime that makes "tooting" noises when you put it back in the container it came in. Such a boy. He kept saying he got a "tooter thingy".
Eating his yogurt! Gray makes me laugh. He has a raspy voice, so everything he says is super cute.
Blake took me on a date to see Shrek: The Final Chapter. We had candy, popcorn, and soda. It was a great treat. Blake loves the whole date thing. He actually doesn't even love movies, but he knows that I love to go to the movies. He put on way too much cologne and dressed up (he loves sporting Under Armour), so he wanted it to be special. I loved it.
Sam took me on a dinner date to Chili's and then we went to Target. I knew his date would involve food. This boy loves life and is always happy.
He sat across from me for about a minute and then moved to my side of the booth. It was so fun just hanging out with him and enjoying our dinner.
And last but not least, Ty man took me shopping. This is us in the car before we hit the mall. He, like Blake, tried really hard to make this date about me and not him. So sweet. Tyler is 9 and I am loving our conversations about big kid stuff.

2 comments:

Claire said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day gift...I just told Ryan about it as a "hint, hint....."

I am sure that not only did you enjoy each of these outings (for which you looked super-cute all 4 times), but your boys will remember them always.

Stephen and Kelly said...

Love it, love it, LOVE IT! Can't wait to do the same thing with my boys. Kate and I have "girls' night out" sometimes, and it's so much fun!