Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Picture Day

WARNING: A little bit of a vent session!
Yes it is picture day today which brings all kinds of guilt on me. Are you confused? The deal is I don't buy school pictures. *gasp* I know. Call me cheap. Call me a horrible Mom. I think I might be alone in my view on school pictures, extra things to buy at school, extra OPTIONAL projects (which feels like it means if you are a good Mom and want your child to be ahead you should do them). School stresses me out to some degree. This has nothing to do with my boys teachers. I am truly thankful for my boys teachers and know they have hard job and if it was left up to me my boys wouldn't make it pass 5th grade. But I am constantly juggling what we should agree to do or buy and what we shouldn't. The pressure.! And I thought having 4 kids 6yo and under was stressful.
Anyway, I always have to circle back to what our (the Self Family) priorities are. Just to be frank, most of the time they have nothing to do with all the extra work and money that we have the "option" to buy or do.


*I don't think that their is anything wrong with buying school pictures or doing the extra stuff. These are just thoughts about decisions that hit me on a weekly basis.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ok I just read this and I totally agree with the not buying school pictures. I haven't completely turned them down yet but I just buy the absolute cheapest. It makes me feel better to know someone else does want to buy them either. I figure I have plenty of pictures of my kids already that I like so much better. By the way your boys are just adorable.