Wednesday, May 28, 2008

First Date

Blake and I went on our very first official date tonight. Tyler and I have gone a couple of times, but tonight Blake and I started dating.

Jeremy gave Blake his check card (he didn't have any cash, we never do) and he gave him a few tips on dating Mom. He opened the car door for me and held my hand. He paid for our burrito at Chipotle, then we went to Academy Sports (a.k.a Sports Academy) and then he treated us to Jamba Juice. At Chipotle Blake insisted that we sit on the tall stools instead of a booth or chairs. He says "That is where boys and girls sit that really like each other." Academy Sports is Blake's all time favorite store. He can spend hours in there. We looked at guns, fishing bait, balls and everything else. He was in heaven. I told him I needed to get Gray a birthday gift and he said "That's ok, I will let you borrow my card." On the way home he said "Really you took me on a date because you drived."

He planned our next date to go play paintball. We will have to see about that.

It was such a precious time. I want to remember every detail of my first date with my sweet Blake.

4 comments:

HeatherLow said...

Hey girl...that is so cool. Blake is getting so big:) Hope things are well.

Johnson said...

That has got to be one of the most precious things I've read!

-Kelly

Johnson said...

That has got to be one of the most precious things I've read!

-Kelly

J. Allen said...

Ash...that is so precious. What an awesome memory for you and for Blake. LOVE the comment about the tall barstools.
love you friend,
Joan