Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Our Baby Goes to Kindergarten!!

Tyler had his first day of school on Monday!! He absolutely loves it!! One of his favorite things about kindergarten is the cafeteria, of course!! He really liked choosing what he wanted and he made a point to tell Jeremy and I that he ate his cookie first. He also loves that I pick him up in the car line. If he is happy, I am happy. I can't say that I haven't gotten a little teary eyed this week. My worries vacillate between hoping that I made the most of these last 5 years to not wanting him to get hurt by others, to hoping that reading comes easy and he learns responsibility. It is silly, but I have been totally shocked how this milestone has been hard for me. This I do know, that this experience is going to be great for the both of us.


2 comments:

Stephen and Kelly said...

Tyler has never looked more like Jeremy than he does in this picture! He looks like such a little man! We're so glad to hear that his first day at school went so well!
Love and miss you guys everyday!

michele said...

Tyler! You are probably the coolest kindergartener at your school!
Mama....RELAX! Oh the butt whippin you can give yourself by looking back at the coulda- shloulda-woulda's. Give your boys your best each day and give the rest to God! Okay can I say that one more time for myself! That was good! I NEEDED THAT! We are looking forward to catching up with The Self Boys and their Mom and Dad too!
Love,
Michele for the McCunes!